Monday, September 22, 2014

Chinese Homestay

Hi! So this fine evening I'm listening to Happy Little Pill bu Troye Sivan. I just got home from jazz class, tired as ever, and inspired by something, but I don't know what. Maybe my inspiration doesn't even exist, and the lack of it will spark an idea in my mind. 
So this past weekend I was selected to host a student from my schools sister school in Shanghai, China! I was debating for a long time whether I wanted the responsibility of another kid in out life for a week. I originally didn't want to do this because of an experience having a shadow follow me around of a student that got into my school, but wanted to get a feel for it first. The "problem" was, I knew this girl, but only small kine, and this girl was super shy. Aside from that, my friends and I are not quiet people, nor censored social butterflies. To say the least, it was a little terrible. I was such a failure at the task! That made me not want to do it at all. I also felt like I wanted my own personal space at home, not having to entertain another child as well.
None the less, I still decided to do it. I have to admit, it's a really cool experience, but what really sold me was my Chinese teacher. She was freaking out about how she needed only one more host, and she really wanted me to do it, so, like the good obedient xue sheng (student) I was, I kind of did it for my teacher. I love her deary, and her class as well, (I had her as a teacher last year as well) so I turned the form in. 
Now I'm "in", so to say, and I'm glad I did it. I guess this is probably an experience of a lifetime, even though I'm not even the one going to a entirely different country! Just meeting kids from another country is great exposure, and I don't know where else I'd do it. I'm really looking forward to doing it, I expect to have fun, especially because my mom and I are planning all these fun acivities, and whatnot. After they go home, I'll definitely make a note to write about it again. At this point, I'm all done listening to TRXYE, so I guess that's my reason to end this note and go jam to Zedd now.

-Thanks for getting this of my mind, Yummi 

No comments:

Post a Comment