Sunday, September 7, 2014

Song of the Day: Tristam- Once Again

So I guess I want to start of this blog with a series of posts I'll do called Song of the Day. It's probably going to most of the blog, but that's okay. If you don't want to hear about music, that's okay too.
Today's song of the day: Once Again by Tristam.
https://soundcloud.com/monstercat/tristam-once-again
I really enjoy this song, as I'm writing this, I'm listening to the song. I also really like EDM, and Monstercat is also pretty chill, so I'l probably have Mostercat frequently here. So, about Tristam and me. I knew who Tristam was before I really listened to his songs a lot, of course, listening to Monstercat, I would. I really got into his music because of a Youtuber by the name of PyroPuncher (See? Told you I was a nerd). I one of his livestreams he played a Tristam song (I forget which) and I really enjoyed it, so I went and listend to more Tristam after that stream. Boy, am I glad I did that. I found all of his amazing songs, and I've put him on my "favorite artists" mental list. I think he's a great singer, the voice goes great with his music. I must say, the drops kind of all sound the same, but that doesn't EVER keep me fro listening to them. They're amazing, what can say? 
So, why I like Once Again? Well for one, I really love his voice in this song. His words almost sound slurred, like he just woke up. In the singing parts I really like the distant staccato, over the calm vocals. The fade of the vocals into the drops is really calming too. I really enjoy the beginning where the piano is featured. It sets the mood of the song quite nicely. The drops kind of remind me of trying to push out of whatever troubles the song talks about, in your own eyes.
To me, the lyrics say: we can make it out of terrible situations.The lyrics "we can build it once again" makes me feel like something destroyed can be fixed, no matter how hard it is. The lyrics "We'll calmly walk away, walk away from the fray" makes it feel like the situation is something we've caused, but we have to be able to, and will build it once again.


XOXO, yummi

No comments:

Post a Comment